Hearing loss is highly prevalent in today’s society. In fact, studies estimate that 10% of the total population in the United States is living with a hearing loss. The Better Hearing Institute recently shared these statistics:
- Three in 10 people over age 60 have hearing loss
- One in six baby boomers (ages 41-59), about 15%, have a hearing problem
- One in 14 Generation Xers (ages 29-40), or 7%, already have hearing loss.
For adults, hearing loss is frustrating and often leads to isolation and feeling alone. Moreover, studies show that hearing loss can have a profound impact on overall health. Appropriately treating hearing loss transforms lives.
If you are experiencing a loss of hearing, it’s important to know that you are not alone and there are often solutions to treat your hearing loss.
Pine Tree Society’s Audiology program has been a trusted partner to individuals in the Midcoast region (and beyond) living with hearing loss for more than 40 years. Our team offers comprehensive hearing evaluations and services designed to meet the unique needs of each client.
Our services include:
- Hearing evaluations
- Hearing aid evaluations
- Hearing aid sales and services tailored to meet your unique needs and budget
- Dispensing of hearing aids and supplies
- Recommendation and implementation of assistive listening devices
In addition, our Audiologists have experience and expertise in evaluating individuals who may have difficulty following instructions or are uncomfortable in new environments.
The expertise and compassion of our Audiologists coupled with the program’s state-of-the-art equipment, means that children and adults of all ages will get the best possible care.