Almost everyone enjoys eating delicious jams and jellies but not many people know how it is done. In this Autism Transition Skill Builder session, we will learn all about canning. What is canning and preserving? Why is it beneficial? How is it done? Participants will take their creations and work together to create a Micro Business. Through the process they will explore all aspects of entrepreneurism.
- Explore how to get started in canning and preserving fruits and berries
- Learn to create personalized packaging for gifts or sales
- Practice following directions
- Learn time management skills
- Learn and practice marketing skills to promote product
- Develop social skills and practice teamwork
- Meet new friends in a supportive environment
The session will culminate in our own Canning Craft Sale! We will sell our jams and jellies for the holidays and experience the satisfaction of creating a marketable product.