As unusually cold temperatures blew in for the 50th annual Dysart’s Snowmobile Ride-in and Q106.5 Egg Ride in Hermon this weekend, we were blown away by the commitment of our Celebrity Egg Riders, sponsors, snowmobile clubs and entire community.
This four-day Ride-in celebration was more meaningful than ever as Pine Tree Camp’s overnight sessions return to full capacity this summer. 100% of proceeds raised benefit our tuition assistance fund for campers in need; ensuring all kids and adults with disabilities can experience the fun and freedom of summer camp without worrying about the cost. No camper is ever turned away due to their ability to pay and the Ride-in helps make that possible.
Not only did this unique Maine tradition and one-of-a-kind event hit an impressive 50 year milestone, for the first time ever Celebrity Egg Riders used colorful Jell-O filled eggs instead of raw eggs to stuff their snowmobile suits before hopping on their sleds. Each egg represents a $50 pledge and our Egg Riders rose to the fundraising challenge with final fundraising tallies still rolling in.
This year’s Ride-in was truly one for the books. Four days of events included: A Dysart’s spaghetti dinner, WABI TV5 Telethon, live and silent auction hosted by the Carmel Snowmobile Club with guest auctioneers JR Mitchell and Dan Cashman, a Poker Run supported by the Levant, Carmel and Penobscot Snowmobile Clubs. The Carmel club also organized an incredible Radar Run.
This year’s sponsors included: Dysart’s, Darling’s Chevrolet, Quirk Auto Group, HUB, Chase Toys, Casella, Sappi, Bangor Tire Company, Bangor Truck and Trailer, Dead River Company, BDS Waste Disposal, Carmel Electric, Norway Savings Bank, Shin Pond Village, Danforth’s Down Home Supermarket, Moosehead Trail Powersports, 201 Powersports, Farm Credit East, Brio Custom, Best Western White House Inn, Q106.5 and WABI TV5.
This year’s celebrities included:
- Ryan Eldridge, Maine Cabin Masters
- Jared “Jedi” Baker, Maine Cabin Masters
- Bob Crowley, winner of Survivor season 17
- John Gibbs, Ski-Doo Ambassador
- Dan Cashman and Christie Robinson, Co-hosts of The Nite Show
- Jake Warn, founder of SledTrx
- Scott Miller and Cindy Campbell, Co-hosts of the Q106.5 Morning Show
- Paul Wolfe, Q106.5
- Dawn Willard-Robinson, Director of Pine Tree Camp
- Meredith Steele, TikTok Personality
- Ethan Levesque, TikTok and YouTube Personality
- Tatum Talks, Social Media Personality
- Tim Dysart, Dysart’s
- Jordan Dysart, Dysart’s
- Al Swett, President of Maine Snowmobile Association
- Bill Green, Executive Director of the Maine Sports Hall of Fame
- Kris MacCabe, Maine Game Warden
- Morgan Sturdivant, Assistant News Director WABI TV5
The entire community warmed our hearts last weekend by going the extra mile for Maine people with disabilities.
There’s still time for you to donate. Follow this link to pick your favorite Celebrity Egg Rider and make your pledge today to help us crush our fundraising goal.
Leave a Reply